Saturday, April 4, 2009

fine and dandy

2 oz Beefeater Gin
1/2 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a long lemon twist.

On Thursday, Andrea and I stopped in at Green Street where Bice and Emily were bartending. I picked the Fine & Dandy off of their small cocktail menu for my first drink. The one Emily made me had a good amount of lemon oil on the nose which led into a rather pleasant drink. The recipe that Green Street uses is more gin forward than the one that I made at home about two years ago. That one was 2:1:1 instead of Green Street's 4:1:1. My comments then were that the drink was like the White Lady except with bitters and like the lemon version of the Pegu Club (although without the lime, the drink is definitely less assertive).

No comments: