Friday, June 14, 2013

becca's blood & sand

3/4 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida
3/4 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
3/4 oz Maurin Quina
3/4 oz Orange Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

After Eastern Standard, I made my way over to Silvertone where Josh Childs and Cedric Adams were tending bar. For a drink, I asked Josh for the Becca's Blood and Sand as the use of Maurin Quina as the cherry-flavored ingredient instead of Cherry Heering intrigued me. The call for mezcal instead of Scotch was one that I had seen before though, such as in Coppa's Riccardo, with good results.
silvertone boston
The Becca's Blood and Sand presented a smoky mezcal aroma along with a vague fruit note from either the sweet vermouth or Maurin Quina. This fruit note came through on the sip as a cherry and grape combination. Finally, the mezcal appeared on the swallow that finished with smoke and orange flavors.

No comments: