Sunday, August 2, 2015

pua lani

2 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida
3/4 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
1/2 oz Falernum
1/4 oz Galliano Ristretto
3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a tall glass filled with crushed ice. Add a straw. Tiki-style garnish would not be out of place here.
Though the Bartender's Breakfast was a late night for me (tack on the walk home and a nightcap beer circa 2:30am at the 24 hour craft beer bar, the Avenue Pub), I still made it up to have breakfast with Paul Clarke at 10am and then interview him about his new book (interview soon to follow). After that, both Paul and I made our respective ways over to Pig & Punch held by the Bon Vivants. After sweating for an hour or so in the 108°F heat index weather, I decided to take a brief break from the event and seek solace in the air conditioning offered at Cane & Table before returning. At Cane & Table was another one of the pop-up events; this one was "Drive Thru Daiquiris" done craft style with David Gonsalves, Otis Florence, and Misty Kalkofen using the Bond & Royal portfolio. Misty's rich, smoky, complex, and tropical number served over a bounty of pebbled ice hit the spot and revived me so I could spend another few hours in the heat and score my first sunburn in years.

No comments: