Saturday, August 8, 2015

south seas zombie

1 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth (Dolin)
1/2 oz Curaçao (Senior)
1/2 oz Light Puerto Rican Rum (Caliche)
1 oz Dark Jamaican Rum (Coruba)

Shake with crushed ice and pour into tall glasses. Float 1 oz dark 151 proof rum (Lemon Hart).
After Yacht Rock Sundays at Loyal Nine, I ventured home and made myself a post-shift drink. In reaching for Beachbum Berry's Remixed, I got drawn into the section of Zombie variations, and the one that called out to me was from the South Seas Restaurant in Honolulu circa 1970. I am pretty sure that it was the call for sweet vermouth à la the Floridita Daiquiri that caught my attention and curiosity. In the Tiki mug, it offered a fruit spice and mint bouquet. Next, lemon, orange, pineapple, and caramel on the sip gave way to dark funky rums on the swallow.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

Vermouth in tiki? Always a winner!