Saturday, August 29, 2015

take on me

1 oz Zucca Rabarbaro Amaro
1 oz Dolin Dry Vermouth
1/2 oz Creole Shrubb Orange Liqueur
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a Collins glass with 2 oz soda water. Top with ice, garnish with an orange twist, and add a straw.
For Loyal Nine's Yacht Rock Sunday cocktail list two weeks ago, I was inspired by a guest's call for a Zucca Spritz akin to the more common call for an Aperol one. In thinking about amari and carbonation, I decided to go in the direction of Michael McIlroy's Rome with a View that I learned about via Tyler Wang's riff, Triumph of Pompei. In the end, my formulation took the shape of a Zucca and dry vermouth Daisy replete with citrus, orange liqueur, and soda water. With nothing all that Italian sounding in yacht rock playlist song titles, I opted for an A-ha moment with Take on Me.

1 comment:

Muse of Doom said...

Why does rhubarb (albeit of the root variety) seem to go so perfect with images of Take On Me's video and the sense of 80s synth-pop in general? Kismet naming!