Tuesday, March 15, 2016

undiscovered country

3/4 oz Kappa Pisco (Encanto)
3/4 oz Swedish Punsch (Kronan)
3/4 oz Cocchi Americano
3/4 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. I floated a lime wheel as a garnish.

A few Wednesday ago, I spotted an interesting recipe on the OnTheBar cocktail archives called the Undiscovered Country created by Scott Diaz of Seattle's Triple Door. Since I had enjoyed Scott's The Count's Swizzle and A Simple Quandry, I was definitely game to try another of his recipes. Moreover, the combination of Swedish Punsch, Cocchi Americano, and lime reminded me of my Chutes & Ladders.
In the glass, the Undiscovered Country revealed a lime, rum, and floral aroma. Next, lime and citrussy notes in the sip went downriver to brandy, funky rum, and tea flavors on the swallow.

No comments: