Friday, November 11, 2016

telenovela

1 1/2 oz Amaras Mezcal
1/2 oz Green Chartreuse
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Build in a tall glass, fill with crushed ice, and swizzle to mix and chill. Add straws and garnish with 3-4 dash Angostura Bitters and a mint sprig.
For the most recent menu change at Loyal Nine, I looked through the bar log at all of the interesting drinks that the other two bartenders had come up with. Two of Michelle Harrington's drinks that caught my eye utilized rhum agricole as a base; however, I felt there was only room for one rhum drink. I was taking off a mezcal drink though, so after beta testing the change, I asked if I could swap her recipe to an agave one. She agree, but she needed to come up with a new name rather quickly for the menu was set to print shortly. I suggested Mexican actress names, but none seemed to work out; Michelle dramatically called out "Tele-no-vela" as the genre's name and it worked perfectly as the drink's name too.

No comments: