Wednesday, September 21, 2022

king louie

3/4 oz Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse Bonded)
3/4 oz Cognac (Pierre Ferrand 1840)
1 oz Bonal Gentiane-Quina
1/2 oz Crème de Banane (Tempus Fugit)
2 dash Mole Bitters (Angostura Cocoa)

Stir with ice, strain into a glass, and garnish with lemon oil from a twist.
Two Wednesdays after I returned home from my bar shift, I was inspired to tinker with banana liqueur that I last used two days prior in the Origami Ape with the recipe structure of the 1919 Cocktail. For a name, I dubbed this one the King Louie after the orangutan who appears in Disney's 1967 movie The Jungle Book; King Louie was not in Rudyard Kipling's book but was cast for, voiced by, and named after singer Louis Prima. In the glass, the King Louie donated a lemon, caramel, and banana bouquet. Next, caramel and grape on the sip danced into rye, Cognac, caramel, and tropical flavors on the swallow in this desserty number.

No comments: