Monday, May 6, 2013

the olivia

2 oz Del Maguey Mezcal Vida
1 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/2 oz Ginger Liqueur (King's)
3 slice Cucumber

Muddle the cucumber. Shake with ice and double strain into a rocks glass containing a large ice cube. Garnish with another slice of cucumber.

After the Suze Bramble, I stuck with the agave theme and decided to make the Olivia that I spotted on the Del Maguey website. It was one of the two cucumber drinks that I was looking at for the "Eat Your Vegetables" Mixology Monday last month, but I opted to make the Going Back to Mezcali for the event instead of this one. The Olivia was crafted by Max Kestenbaum from the Del Monte Speakeasy in Venice, California, and with honey and ginger flavors, it seemed like it would be a crowd pleaser.
Once mixed, the cucumber aroma mingled with that of the mezcal. A lime, honey, and vegetal sip led into the smokey agave and the zing of the ginger.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

"But if Olivia herself were at my door I'd have to say I'd let her in."