Tuesday, September 29, 2015

broken wings

1 1/2 oz Encanto Pisco
1/2 oz Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
1/2 oz Lime Juice
12 drop St. George Absinthe

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Another drink that I did for Yacht Rock Sundays two weekends ago revolved around one of my favorite classic apricot liqueur recipes, the Culross. Instead of rum, I switched the spirit to pisco to take it in a more floral and tropical direction. I had previously tinkered with the Culross for a Bols Genever event at the Franklin Southie with the Zeeland. There, one of the botanicals in Bols Genever is wormwood and it added a lot to the complexity of the drink; to mimic that, I added a very light touch of absinthe for some herbal complexity. For a name, I ended up pairing the recipe with the Mr. Mister song Broken Wings due to all of the high notes in the mix.

No comments: