Saturday, April 2, 2016

bermudian

1/3 jigger Gin (1 3/4 oz Beefeater)
1/4 jigger Apricot Brandy (3/8 oz Rothman & Winter)
1/4 jigger Grenadine (3/8 oz)
2 spoon Sweet-Sour (1/2 oz Lime Juice)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. I added an orange twist.
Two Mondays ago, I was perusing Boothby's 1934 World Drinks and How to Mix Them and I spotted the Bermudian which is very similar to the Bermuda Rose that I have seen in other cocktail books. I approached the recipe with another Bermuda drink in mind, the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club. In the glass, the Bermudian gave forth an orange oil aroma over fruit notes from the apricot with perhaps the pomegranate and lime helping out. Next, the sip was equally as fruity with lime and berry flavors and hints of orchard fruit. Finally, gin, apricot, and other fruit elements rounded out the swallow.

No comments: