Wednesday, April 6, 2016

harvest moon

1 1/2 oz Wild Turkey Rye (Rittenhouse)
1 oz Lillet Blanc (Cocchi Americano)
1/2 oz Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
1/4 oz Green Chartreuse
3 dash Abbott's Bitters (Housemade)

Stir with ice and strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Two Fridays ago after my evening's shift, I was in the mood for a nightcap. For a selection, I turned to my picked-over but not yet completed P.D.T. Cocktail Book for a recipe. The one that caught my eye was Daniel Eun's circa 2007 Harvest Moon. Daniel described how the drink looks like the sky "during the harvest moon -- when the reddish-orange moon rises after sunset." Once stirred and strained, the Harvest Moon offered an orange, apple, and herbal bouquet to the nose. On the palate, a citrussy wine sip led into a bounty of complex flavor on the swallow including rye, apple, herbal, and clovey spice.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

"I want to see you dance again..."