Friday, November 25, 2016

midnight bouquet

1 1/2 oz Añejo Tequila (Lunazul Reposado)
1/4 oz Mezcal (Montelobos)
3/4 oz Averna
1/2 oz Elderflower Liqueur (St. Elder)
1 dash Grapefruit Bitters (Scrappy's Lime)

Stir with ice, strain into a coupe glass, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
Two Fridays ago after my shift, I was in the mood for a nightcap and I remembered a drink that I had spotted on PunchDrinks. That recipe was the Midnight Bouquet created by Meaghan Dorman of Manhattan's Raines Law, and the combination spirit, Averna, and elderflower reminded me of a Cynar-less Valkyrie. Once prepared, the Midnight Bouquet gave forth a grapefruit and agave nose with hints of smoke and floral notes. Next, the Averna's caramel provided a smooth sip, and the swallow shared smoky agave, herbal, floral, and pear-like flavors with a lime finish from my bitters substitution.

No comments: