Thursday, October 28, 2021

captains' mile

3/4 oz Rhum Agricole Blanc (Rhum Clement Premiere Canne)
3/4 oz Funky Jamaican Rum (Smith & Cross)
1/2 oz Cardamaro
1/2 oz Swedish Punsch (Kronan)
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.

Two Thursdays ago, I returned from an evening of visiting a bunch of accounts for my brand work, and I was in the mood for a Daiquiri instead of another whiskey drink. I had recently replaced my empty bottle of Cardamaro, and I then paired it with Swedish Punsch after recalling how well they worked together in the Mortimer Stump, Deck Hand, and Hearing Trumpet. For the rums, I went with a split of grassy rhum agricole and funky Jamaican rum, and for a name, I dubbed this one the Captains' Mile after a historic stretch of homes in Cape Cod.
The Captains' Mile proffered a grassy, pineapple, and orange aroma to the nose. Next, lime and caramel notes on the sip sailed into funky, grassy, pineapple, tea, and orange peel flavors on the swallow.

1 comment:

Edward Bellini said...

This is wonderful. Swedish Punsch works so will with the rum combo. More like this please!