Friday, January 21, 2022

cynarita

1 1/2 oz Tequila (2 oz Cimarron Blanco)
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Cynar

Build in a rocks glass with ice, stir to mix and chill, and garnish with a lemon (orange) twist.
Two Fridays ago, I returned to A Spot at the Bar after having enjoyed the Tattletale a few nights ago. There, I latched on to the Cynarita which had the Cynar-Campari combination that I last enjoyed in the Ricky Bobby Burns, and it came across like a tequila for aquavit Smoke & Mirrors; it was also the combination that I utilized in my second iteration of the Pinball Racket with rye and mezcal. Since it was not described, I assume that this was a house original at The Everleigh. In the glass, the Cynarita curtsied with an orange, vegetal, and caramel aroma. Next, Cynar's caramel notes continued on into the sip, and the swallow proffered tequila, herbal, and bitter orange flavors.

No comments: