Monday, July 4, 2022

two or three things i know about white negronis

1 oz Gin (Alchemy Dry)
1/2 oz Gentian Liqueur (Suze)
1/4 oz Benedictine
1/4 oz Honey Syrup 1:1
1 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
2 dash Chocolate Mole Bitters (Angostura Cocoa)

Stir with ice and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube.
Two Mondays ago, I was thinking about the trio of Suze, Benedictine, and honey in the Devil's Highway that I created on the fly at Drink a few weeks ago. Soon, my mind wondered if I could work it into a White Negroni. To counter the sweeter and not bitter elements, I swapped in dry vermouth to balance things out. For a name, I riffed on Jean-Luc Godard's movie title Two or Three Things I Know About Her. The Two or Three Things I know About White Negronis welcomed the senses with an earthy and floral aroma. Next, a honey and caramel sip gave way to gin, herbal, earthy bitter, and chocolate notes on the swallow.

No comments: