Friday, December 2, 2022

the vetruvian man

1 oz Monkey Shoulder Scotch (Cutty Sark Prohibition)
1 oz Salers Gentian Liqueur (Suze)
1 oz Amaro Sfumato

Build in an old fashioned glass, add a large ice cube, stir to mix and chill, and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
After I got home from Portland Cocktail Week, I was in need of a nightcap after all that airplane and airport time. During my trip, Bourbon+ magazine had reached out for a photo for a drink of mine that they were featuring, so I began to peruse their issues. There, I spotted the Vetruvian Man by Dakin Pollard at Seattle's The Walrus and the Carpenter. This drink named after a Leonardo da Vinci drawing began with a grapefruit, roast, and herbal aroma. Next, caramel and roast notes on the sip led into Scotch, gentian, smoky, and bitter flavors on the swallow.

No comments: