Monday, September 17, 2012

somerville cup #2.1

1 slice Lemon
1 slice Cucumber
1 1/2 oz Pimm's No. 1
~6 oz Bud Light Lime

Muddle the cucumber and lemon slice. Add the Pimm's and ice, shake, and pour into a pint glass. Top with the beer and add a straw.

Two Tuesdays ago, Andrea and I had dinner at Trina's Starlite Lounge. Since I had a beer with my meal, I decided to stick with the hops-y theme and checked out the beer-cocktail section of the menu. I narrowed my picks down to two, and from those, bartender Beau Sturm recommended the Somerville Cup, which was their playful take on a classic Pimm's Cup, over the Framingham Mojito. Despite there only being a single slice of cucumber in the drink, the cucumber contributed greatly to the drink starting with the aroma. The beer's malt and carbonation worked rather well with the Pimm's berry flavors on the sip. The cucumber returned on the swallow along with lingering citrus notes from the beer and the muddled lemon slice.

No comments: