Wednesday, September 9, 2015

final countdown

2 oz Privateer Amber Rum
1/2 oz Tamarind Syrup (see recipe)
1/2 oz Cinnamon Syrup
1/2 oz Grapefruit Juice
1/2 oz Lime Juice
2 dash Fee Brothers Molasses Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Fill with crushed ice, garnish with a grapefruit twist, and add a straw.
Two weeks ago, I had a ticket for a dealer's choice citrussy mocktail, and I made up a combination of tamarind and cinnamon syrups and grapefruit and lime juices in equal parts served over crushed ice. A little while later, I received another ticket for a repeat of that mocktail and a request for that drink with booze! The boozy version looked a lot like the recipe above except that I used Old Monk Rum and no bitters; since there is already Old Monk Rum recipe on the Yacht Rock Sunday menu at Loyal Nine, I decided to bolster Privateer Amber Rum with Fee's Molasses Bitters to simulate that rum. Overall, I was impressed at how well the grapefruit and the cinnamon worked with the tamarind.

No comments: