Thursday, December 3, 2015

bela vista

2 oz Old Overholt Rye
1 oz Amaro Ramazzotti
1/2 oz Giffard Banane du Bresil

Stir with ice and strain into a rocks glass with a big ice cube. Garnish with a cherry.
Two Mondays ago, I stopped into No. 9 Park for a drink when bartenders Ryan Lotz and Gregg Guertin were at the stick. When I scanned the menu, I was curious about the Bela Vista for I wanted to see how banana liqueur would work with another amaro after it did so well with Campari in the Banana Boulevardier. In the glass, the Bela Vista shared a banana and cherry aroma that later displayed darker rye notes. Next, the malty and caramel sip fell aside to rye and cola notes on the swallow and banana and orange on the finish. Moreover, as the ice melted, the banana began to take a larger role in the flavor profile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the look of this one; simple, 3-ingredient cocktail. I can't wait to try it!