Wednesday, April 13, 2016

breakfast of champions

2 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
2 oz Breckenridge Vanilla Porter
1/2 oz Demerara Syrup
2 dash Mole Bitters
1 Whole Egg

Shake once without ice and once with ice, strain into a tulip beer glass, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

Two Thursdays ago, I found myself in Central Square and in need of a nightcap. Therefore, I ventured over to Craigie on Main and found a seat in front of bartender Rob Ficks. The Breakfast of Champions created by Matt Baber called out to me as it reminded me of the Rumbustion and the Black Cadillac Flips as well as the still carbonated Five Points Pop-In Fizz.
The Breakfast of Champions shared a nutmeg nose that preceded a creamy, caramel sip. Next, the swallow offered molasses, chocolate, and vanilla flavors.

No comments: