Friday, August 12, 2016

shudders in a whisper

3/4 oz Lime Juice
1/2 oz Passion Fruit Syrup
1/2 oz Pear Liqueur (Rothman & Winter)
1/4 oz Drambuie
2 oz Seltzer
2 oz Column Still Aged Rum (Don Q Añejo)
2 dash Peychaud's Bitters
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Flash blend with 12 oz crushed ice and pour into a 22 oz snifter (shake all but the seltzer with ice, strain into a Tiki mug containing the seltzer, and fill with crushed ice). Garnish with an edible orchid and mint sprigs (inedible trumpet vine flower and mint sprigs).
After my shift two Fridays ago, I gave my shift drink options up to the Smuggler's Cove book. The recipe that spoke to me in that tome was Martin Cate's Shudders in a Whisper where the call for pear liqueur reminded me of his Lingua Franca. Once built, the Shudders in a Whisper shared a mint and floral aroma. Next, a carbonated lime sip gave hints of tropical fruit, and the swallow was a delightful combination of rum, passion fruit, pear, and spice.

No comments: