Tuesday, May 12, 2020

la passione del conte

1 1/2 oz High ABV Rye Whiskey (Rittenhouse Bonded)
3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Giffard Passion Fruit Liqueur (Ezekiel)

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Tuesday nights ago, I selected a recent recipe that I had spotted on Matt Pietrek's CocktailWonk blog called the La Passione del Conte. Matt created this "Boulevardier in a Tiki shirt," and it called out to me for it reminded me of my Tarzan Boy rhum riff on a Negroni that also paired passion fruit and Campari. Here, La Passione del Conte greeted the senses with an aroma of orange and tropical notes in a mango-peachy way. Next, grape and mango-melon on the sip led into rye, bitter orange, and passion fruit flavors on the swallow.

No comments: