Monday, November 2, 2015

wooden leg

2 oz Bacardi 8 Year Rum
3/4 oz Manzanilla Sherry
1/2 oz Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz Demerara Syrup
1 dash Pernod Absinthe

Stir with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a mint leaf.

After my adventures at Highball Lounge, I continued my tour of Boston and eventually ended up at Blue Dragon where bartender Tyler Murphy was working. Besides Blue Dragon, Tyler also does a few shifts at Loyal Nine, and I recently attended the Bacardi Legacy competition event here in Boston a few weeks ago to support him. Due to the structure of the event, I was unable to try his creation which was a stirred Tiki number called the Wooden Leg. Therefore, I asked Tyler to make me one that night.
The Wooden Leg shared a mint aroma over a semi-sweet grape sip. Next, the swallow was much more complex with rum, molasses, herbal, and spice notes.

No comments: