Monday, November 9, 2015

white walker cocktail

1 1/2 oz Aged Rum (Plantation Barbados 5 Year)
1/2 oz White Rum (Wray & Nephew)
1 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Cinnamon Syrup (BG Reynolds)
1/2 oz Simple Syrup

Shake with ice and strain into a Pilsner glass (Tiki mug). Top with crushed ice and garnish with tropical fruits (mint sprigs).

Two Thursdays ago after my shift at work, I decided to treat myself to something tropical and the White Walker Cocktail from Imbibe Magazine seemed to be the answer. The recipe was created by Dan Rook of South Water Kitchen in Chicago, and the combination of pineapple, citrus, and cinnamon spice has always been a winner such as in the Newmarket and Subterranean Swizzles as well as the Gilda Cocktail. Instead of a Pilsner glass, I opted for a Tiki mug that reminded me of the White Walker zombies from Game of Thrones.
The mint that I garnished with offered a welcoming aroma. Next, lemon and pineapple on the sip transitioned into caramel and funky rums on the swallow and pineapple and cinnamon on the finish.

No comments: