Wednesday, July 5, 2017

sundowner

1 oz Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Galliano (Galliano L'Autentico)
3/4 oz Cointreau
1 1/4 oz Cognac (Camus VS)

Shake with crushed ice and pour into an Old Fashioned glass (shake with ice, strain into a Tiki mug, and fill with crushed ice). Garnish with a lime wheel (spent half lemon shell and mint sprig).

Wednesday two weeks ago, I was in a Tiki mood, and I looked to Beachbum Berry for something that I had glossed over in the past. The uncovered number that I selected was Steve Crane' Sundowner that he concocted at the Sheraton Waikiki Resort in the 1960s that appeared like a Galliano-infused Sidecar. Moreover, this recipe published in Remixed reminded me of Benedetto's Maitalia which paired Galliano with triple sec in a Mai Tai riff.
The Sundowner gave forth vanilla and tropical citrus aromas before I added the garnish, and the mint dominated the nose afterwards. Next, orange and lemon notes on the sip led into Cognac, orange, and vanilla in an almost mango-like flavor on the swallow with a star anise finish.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

Delicious! I had to, uh, improvise but I think I've got it. Maybe "someone" could blog a recipe comparison using various yellow liqueurs.