Saturday, July 29, 2017

tiki enough

2 oz Gin
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
1/4 oz Orgeat
6-8 leaf Mint

Shake with ice, add 1 oz soda water, strain into a Pilsner glass, and fill with crushed ice. Garnish with a lemon twist and 2-3 dash Angostura Bitters, and add a straw.
After settling into my hotel and registering for Tales of the Cocktail, I set off into the French Quarter with the intention of ending up at the Cure like I have done on the previous 5 years' Tuesday nights. Instead, I ran into the Backbar and friends crew and was invited to join in on their bar crawl. While many of those drinks did not have recipes to share such as the Erin Rose's frozen Irish Coffee or my Tiki drink at Latitude 29, we did end up at Cane & Table which I have had good luck with in the past. There, I requested the Tiki Enough which was billed as "a Tom Collins met a Royal Hawaiian." While the recipe provided to me by the bartender seemed a bit tart on paper, it does mirror the Royal Hawaiian printed in Bottoms Up. Once served, the Tiki Enough offered a clove and lemon aroma that led into a creamy pineapple sip. Next, the gin shined through on the swallow along with minty and nutty accents.

No comments: