Tuesday, June 26, 2018

leave me alone

1 1/4 oz Ransom Old Tom Gin
1 oz Campari
1/2 oz Byrrh Grand Quinquina
1/2 oz Dolin Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with ice, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, I finally got around to purchasing a replacement for my empty bottle of dry vermouth so I could make a Negroni variation that I intended to make a few days before during Negroni Week. That recipe was the Leave Me Alone by Phillip Childers of Manhattah's Middle Branch that he crafted at one of Gaz Regan's recent Cocktails in the Country retreats (Gaz published the details in his newsletter). Once built, the Leave Me Alone shared an orange oil bouquet from the twist that complemented the Campari's orange which melded into the gin's pine aroma. Next, a deep grape sip led into pine and a bitter orange flavor that was intensified by the gin with a dry quinine and orange finish.

No comments: