Wednesday, September 5, 2018

tooth & nail

2 oz Scotch (Famous Grouse)
1/2 oz Drambuie
1/2 oz Cynar
1/4 oz Amer Picon (Torani Amer)
2 dash Peach Bitters (Fee's)

Stir with ice and strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube.
After our adventures in Winthrop followed by dinner, I was in the mood for a nightcap to round out the day. My recipe search led me to ShakeStir where I spotted the Tooth & Nail. The drink was Seattle bartender Scott Diaz's bitter take on the Rusty Nail that reminded me of Ames Street's Bitter Nail. Once mixed, the Tooth & Nail proffered a Scotch, honey, and herbal-orange aroma. Next, caramel and honey on the sip gave way to Scotch and bitter orange flavors on the swallow with a lingering peach and Cynar's herbal funk finish. Over time, the balance became softer and more approachable with the ice melt.

No comments: