Saturday, October 19, 2019

enjoy the silence

1 1/2 oz London Dry Gin (Beefeater)
1/2 oz Apple Brandy (Laird's Bonded)
3/4 oz Dry Vermouth (Noilly Prat)
1/8 oz Apricot Liqueur (Combier)
1/8 oz Cinnamon Syrup
2 dash Orange Bitters (Regan's)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.
After I returned home from my work shift two weeks ago, I was in the mood for a straight spirits drink but I was too tired to find one in the literature. Therefore, I got inspired by the apricot liqueur-cinnamon syrup combination and decided to fit that in my Martini riff structure that I utilized in the Diamond Queen and Preston-Baker. With apple brandy as the minor spirit, the combination became an elegant autumnal tipple. While tasting the result, my Pandora radio station was playing Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the Silence" song, and the name stuck. In the glass, the Enjoy the Silence awakened the senses with orange, apple, and a hint of apricot on the nose. Next, an orchard fruit sip led into juniper, apple, apricot, and cinnamon flavors on the swallow.

No comments: