Sunday, March 14, 2021

the banana clipper

2 oz Plantation Xaymaca Rum
1/4 oz Crème de Cacao (Tempus Fugit)
1/4 oz Giffard Banane du Bresil
1 dash Angostura Bitters
1 dash Mole Bitters (Bittermens)
1 dash Fee's Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters

Stir with ice, strain into a double old fashioned glass with a large ice cube, and garnish with both a grapefruit twist and an orange one.
Two Sundays ago, I returned to the Hawthorne's bar bible where I honed in on the Banana Clipper that appeared like an opulent tropical Old Fashioned. The recipe was crafted by Rob Ficks in early 2020, and it was subtitled on the menu as "move with the elegance of an African elephant" which seemed to suggest that it was named after a song by Run the Jewels. The Banana Clipper sailed to the senses with orange, grapefruit, caramel, and banana aromas. Next, a caramel-driven sip anchored into a funky rum, banana, chocolate, and allspice swallow.

1 comment:

Ravi Pahuja said...

Cocktail Virgin Slut has become my go-to destination for all things mixology! As a budding mixologist, their blog has been an invaluable resource in refining my skills and expanding my horizons. I adore how they balance reverence for classic cocktail recipes with a daring exploration of new flavors. The attention to detail, precise measurements, and emphasis on quality ingredients have truly elevated my craft. The supportive community they've cultivated is incredibly inspiring, making me feel part of something special. Thank you, Cocktail Virgin Slut, for igniting my passion for mixology and guiding me on this delightful journey of cocktail artistry!. For cosmetic manufacturing company in India Visit Avn Footsteps