Wednesday, June 18, 2008

last frontier

3 parts gin (Beefeater)
1 part green Chartreuse
lemon oil

Earlier in the evening, I asked Matt what sort of drinks he prefers to experiment with and he mentioned gin-and-Chartreuse drinks. So for my second (and last) drink of the night (see the gin sazerac below for the first), I asked him to make me something. The drink he chose was the Last Frontier, a variant of the Alaska.

The drink was created by John's wife Rain where she substituted the bolder green for the smoother yellow Chartreuse and tossed aside the orange bitters for a rather aggressive cocktail. Not sure if the lemon peel squeezed over the drink was Matt's take on the drink or whether it was not part of the original stark concept, but it was a good addition.

The cocktail worked for me. Then again, I'm a big fan of green Chartreuse (even straight up) and love gin. I don't know what to compare it to other than a Green Ghost after you've run out of limes...

No comments: