Monday, January 28, 2013

sloe ryed

1 1/2 oz Rittenhouse 100 Rye
1 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
3/4 oz Dolin Dry Vermouth
>1/4 oz Apricot Liqueur
7 Mint Leaves

Stir with ice and double strain into a cocktail glass.

The other drink bartender Tyler Wang wanted to make for me was one he created for a regular named Brian. Brian had asked for a drink to match the name Slow Ride, and Tyler formulated a sloe gin and rye whiskey cocktail to fit. When I heard the ingredients, the classic feel of it appealed to me as the mint with fruit notes reminded me of the Derby and the sloe gin and apricot made me think of the Millionaire.
no. 9 park cocktail
The apricot appeared in the Sloe Ryed's nose and preceded a wine sip that had hints of sloe gin and the mint's greenness. Next, the whiskey began the swallow followed by apricot notes and a sloe and mint finish.

1 comment:

Dagreb said...

"I'm in the mood, the rhythm is right."