Monday, April 22, 2013

daley fix

1 1/2 oz Dry Amontillado Sherry
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
3/4 oz oz Pineapple Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and 1-2 dash Angostura Bitters, and add a straw.

For my next drink, I asked Ryan Connelly for the Daley Fix for I am a big fan of Fixes in general. I was amused when I heard the recipe as it is the same basic proportions that we used next door with the Kitty Leroy when Katie Emmerson and I bartended at Belly's sister establishment, the Blue Room. I guess that recipe was such a success that the Kitty Leroy made it on to the Blue Room's regular menu! This Fix was not named after a Woman of the Wild West, but for Stacey Daley, the chef at Central Bottle Wine + Provision.
belly wine bar daley fix kendall square
The garnishes contributed greatly to the Daley Fix's aroma by providing mint and Angostura spice notes. A lemon and grape sip segued into a pineapple swallow that offered a great combination from the nutty sherry and the apricot liqueur. Towards the end of the drink, the Angostura Bitters entered into the flavor profile and added allspice notes and a degree of dryness to the mix.

No comments: