Monday, November 2, 2015

all seeing eye

1 oz Leblon Cachaça
1 oz Plantation 5 Year Barbados Rum
1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
1/2 oz Grenadine
1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz Lime Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a Pilsner glass. Top with crushed ice, garnish with a trio of pineapple fruit leaves and a lime wheel-cherry flag, top with a splash of soda water, and add a straw.
When I was last at Highball Lounge at the end of September, bartender Shaher Misif showed me their secret Tiki menu (I put a photo of it on Twitter). So when I returned two Wednesdays ago, I asked bartender Matt Schrage about the list. Matt brought over bartender Steve Bookman who created many of the libations on that second menu, and I requested the All Seeing Eye. Steve described that the drink was his riff on a classic Mary Pickford. Once in the glass, it offered a lime aroma that preceded a pineapple-driven sip. Finally, the swallow showcased the funky rum medley pairing with nutty Maraschino notes.

No comments: