Thursday, December 24, 2015

high five, so am i

1 1/2 oz Milagro Reposado Tequila
1/2 oz Rothman & Winter Apricot Liqueur
1/2 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Honey Syrup
1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a coupe glass.
Two Mondays ago, I ventured over to J.M. Curley where bartenders Katie Soule and Amber Carbino were at the stick. For a first drink, I asked Katie for the High Five, So Am I; Katie mentioned that it was created by Laura Ganci. I was drawn to the ingredient list for it reminded me of a Michigander with the Cynar, honey, and lemon crossed with a One One Thousand with Cynar, apricot, and lemon. In the glass, the High Five displayed agave and funky herbal aromas. On the palate, the sip contained honey, lemon, and a hint of stone fruit, and the swallow presented tequila notes and a great Cynar-apricot combination that I tasted in the One One Thousand. Moreover, the honey donated a nice smoothness to the drink.

No comments: