Monday, June 8, 2020

sancti spiritus

1 oz Scarlet Ibis (Privateer Navy Yard)
3/4 oz Cardamaro
3/4 oz Cocchi Americano
1 bsp Rothman & Winter Orchard Pear (1/4 oz)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Mondays ago, I uncovered an old Haus Alpenz recipe sheet and latched on to the Sancti Spiritus. I had previously skipped over this recipe by Kellie Thorn at the Empire State South in Atlanta for Cardamaro was a rather recent addition to my liquor shelves. I was able to match all of the ingredients save for the rum, but I figured that Privateer's Navy Yard would be a solid substitute for the Trinidadian rum commissioned for Death & Co. In the glass, the Sancti Spiritus gave forth a lemon and fruity nose that was almost peach-like. Next, caramel, grape, grapefruit, and pear notes on the sip slid into rum, bitter herbal, and pear flavors on the swallow.

No comments: