Saturday, June 13, 2020

saidoka

1 1/2 oz Cognac (Courvoisier VS)
1/2 oz Orgeat
1/2 oz Curaçao (Pierre Ferrand)
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice, strain into a sugar-rimmed cocktail coupe, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Saturdays ago, I pondered the orgeat-curaçao duo in the classic Mai Tai, and this combination led me to make a mashup drink. For a base spirit, I considered Cognac, and the 1862 orgeat and bitters Japanese Cocktail came to mind for the former ingredient, and curaçao and lemon Sidecar sprung into my head for the latter. As a name, I dubbed this one the Saidokā as the Japanese word for the motorcycle accessory. Once prepared, the Saidokā revved up with a lemon, brandy, and orange bouquet. Next, a creamy lemon sip drove off into Cognac, nutty, orange, clove, and allspice flavors on the swallow.

No comments: