Tuesday, May 10, 2016

[kamayura]

2 oz Leblon Cachaça
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Orgeat
3/4 oz Lime Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Muddle mint in a shaker tin with the orgeat, add rest of the ingredients and ice, shake, and strain into a glass. Fill with crushed ice and garnish with a mint sprig.

After my shift two Tuesdays ago, I returned home where I was greeted by Andrea who had just come from Estragon. Estragon bartender Sahil Mehta had written down a recipe for his drink of the day that seemed rather delightful with Campari, orgeat, and citrus in the mix like in the Pinwheel Swizzle and Chestnut Club. With the cachaça as the base, I dubbed this one the Kamayurá after an indigenous tribe in the Amazon basin in Brazil.
For glassware, I took the Tiki mug route instead of a rocks or Collins glass. Once prepared, the mint garnish added wonderful notes to the bouquet. Next, a creamy lime sip transitioned into a grassy, bitter, nutty, and minty swallow.

No comments: