Friday, December 28, 2018

bobby bruins

1 1/2 oz Glenlivet Founder's Reserve Scotch
1 1/2 oz L.N. Mattei Cap Corse Blanc Quinquina
1/4 oz Drambuie

Stir with ice, strain into a Nick & Nora glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
Two Thursdays ago, I slid from working the main bar at Nahita to the backroom Fenix speakeasy to make drinks for some guests. There, I recognized one of the guests as having dined at the bar earlier, and he was enjoying an older Macallan Single Malt, and as we got to talking, he mentioned that he was looking for a cocktail to follow that up. The previous week, I had tasted the Cap Corse Blanc Quinquina that we have in that backroom, and I noted that its mineral, fruit, and savory aspects would work rather well with Scotch or agave. To keep things simple to pay respect to the Scotch I was pairing it with, I took things in a Bobby Burns direction with a touch of Drambuie for some honey and herbal notes. For a name, I dubbed this one the Bobby Bruins as a tribute to #4, Bobby Orr of the Boston Bruins. Overall, the end result was delightfully soft yet complex with citrus and quinine accents.

No comments: