Monday, July 29, 2019

monkey steals the peach

2 oz Gin (Beefeater)
1 oz Orange Juice
1/4 oz Crème de Peche (Briottet)
1/4 oz Campari
1/2 bsp Absinthe (Kübler)

Shake with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with an orange twist.

While going through the blog posts to add tags for essays and seminars, I spotted the recipe for the Monkey Paw that added banana liqueur to the traditional Monkey Gland. I then thought about the peach liqueur in the Missionary's Downfall that I had tinkered with a few days prior, and my mind jumped to the phrase "monkey steals the peach" which is a caption to a move in Ninja Mind Control. While I have never seen the book itself, the two images and the description for that maneuver which will apparently cause a lethal amount of blood loss have circulated around the internet. Instead of just adding the liqueur in like with the Monkey Paw, I also changed the red element from grenadine to Campari, for Campari and peach pair rather well as I learned in Derek Brown's Bitter Peach and I later utilized in the Campeche aperitif.
The Monkey Steals the Peach attacked with an orange, anise, and pine bouquet. Next, the orange juice controlled the sip, and the swallow tore away with gin, peach, and orange flavors on the swallow with a celery-like finish.

No comments: