Tuesday, January 21, 2020

jack kearns

3/4 Dry Gin (1 1/2 oz Tanqueray)
1/4 Daiquiri Rum (1/2 oz Uruapan Charanda Blanco)
1 dash Lemon Juice (1/2 oz)
1 dash Simple Syrup (1/2 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe; I added a lemon twist.
After my work shift two Tuesdays ago, I had already pre-selected a recipe so that I could expedite my bedtime for I was waking up rather early to travel to New York City. That drink was the Jack Kearns from the 1937 Café Royal Cocktail Book which came across like a Gin Sour crossed with perhaps a Daiquiri. It was perhaps named after the boxer from around that time who was better known as a flamboyant boxing coach who managed Jack Dempsey. To make the mix more intriguing, I utilized a funky half agricole style rum, Uruapan Charanda. Once prepared, the Jack Kearns led off with a lemon, rum funk, and pine combo to the nose. Next, the lemon dominated the sip, and the swallow swung with juniper, grassy rum, and citrus flavors.

No comments: