Saturday, April 24, 2021

interpol

1 1/2 oz Cardamaro
1 oz Citadelle Gin (Martin Miller Westbourne)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Simple Syrup (1/4 oz)

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Two Saturdays ago, I was searching through the Kindred Cocktails database when I decided to peruse the drinks with Cardamaro. There, I was intrigued by the Interpol by Kyle Davidson at Chicago's Blackbird in 2013. Overall, the structure reminded me of a little of the Sacrilege, but the flavor transformation that I discovered was closer to what I experience in the Pegu Club. Once shaken and strained, the Interpol donated a pine and green vegetal aroma with a hint of menthol. Next, lemon and grape mingled on the sip, and the swallow showcased gin, grapefruit, plum, and pineapple flavors. Indeed, the gin and citrus brought out a rather tropical aspect to Cardamaro that I was mostly unaware of.

No comments: