Tuesday, April 27, 2021

copper pagoda

1 oz Gin (Beefeater)
1 oz Cardamaro
1/2 oz Curaçao (Pierre Ferrand Dry)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice
2 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail coupe.
Two Tuesdays ago, I recalled how the Interpol with Cardamaro, gin, and lemon conjured up tropical notes like pineapple along with a grapefruit one that reminded me a little of the Pegu Club. To bring it closer to that classic, I added in elements from the Pegu Club such as the orange liqueur and bitters, and I dubbed it the Copper Pagoda. The Pegu Club was created in Myanmar (formerly Burma) which is known for their pagodas; I opted for naming it after a color instead of a specific temple. In the glass, the Copper Pagoda welcomed the senses with grapefruit and grape aromas. Next, grapefruit, pineapple, and grape on the sip gave way to grapefruit, pine, orange, and herbal flavors on the swallow.

No comments: