Sunday, March 26, 2023

sin cyn

1 oz Scotch (Cutty Sark Prohibition)
1 oz Sweet Vermouth (Cocchi)
1 oz Cynar

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass with ice (coupe), and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Sundays ago, I had recently seen an online reference to the Sin Cyn, and I thought that I had made it. Turns out that back in 2007, I made the gin variation of it called the Cin-Cyn (where the Cin part stands for the Cinzano sweet vermouth in the original version). I found the Sin Cyn recipe in Kara Newman's Shake Stir Sip book, and she credited Paul Dellevigne at the Red Owl Tavern in Philadelphia. Once prepared, the Sin Cyn greeted the senses with smoke, caramel, and orange aromas. Next, caramel and grape notes on the sip gave way to Scotch and herbal flavors on the swallow with a smoke-tinged finish.

No comments: