Sunday, October 1, 2023

humor me good

1 1/2 oz GrandTen South Boston Irish Whiskey (Teeling Small Batch)
1/2 oz Luxardo Triple Sec (Cointreau)
1/2 oz Vanilla Syrup
1 Whole Egg

Shake one round without ice and one round with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Another drink that I spotted in my old Russell House Tavern recipe sheets was the Humor Me Good by James Miranda for the Fall 2014 menu which was in the middle of my tenure there. Our bar manager described it as a "dessert Flip to evoke childhood memories," and the concept reminded me of the Good Humor down the road at Green Street (created in Brooklyn though). In the glass, this Flip showcased a nutmeg, orange, and vanilla bouquet. Next, a creamy orange sip flowed into whiskey, orange, and vanilla flavors on the swallow.

No comments: