Saturday, October 7, 2023

panic button

1 1/2 oz Bourbon (Evan Williams Bonded)
3/4 oz Averna
1/2 oz Campari
1/2 oz Cherry Heering
1/4 oz Lemon Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass (old fashioned) with a large ice cube.
Two Saturdays ago, I came across a recipe from Imbibe Magazine  that I had skipped over when I received the issue in late 2017 called the Panic Button. The recipe was crafted by Ryan Casey at the Living Room Bar at the Dewberry Hotel in Charleston. At first, it reminded me of a High Hat made more complex with two Italian bitter liqueurs, and then I recalled Todd Maul's The Simon that included Averna in the mix but not the Campari. Once prepared, the Panic Button showcased a cherry, orange, and lemon bouquet to the nose. Next, dark fruit and orange notes on the sip slipped into Bourbon, bitter cherry, and caramel flavors on the swallow.

No comments: