Tuesday, February 2, 2021

maximo di negroni

1 oz Beefeater 24 Gin (regular Beefeater)
1 oz Punt e Mes
1 oz Amaro Nonino

Build in an old fashioned glass, add ice, stir, and garnish with an orange twist.
Two Tuesdays ago, I reached for Gary Regan's The Negroni Book and perused for a drink that I had not made yet. There, I spotted the Maximo di Negroni which I had passed by previously for I lacked Amaro Nonino at the home bar until very recently. The recipe was crafted by Shawn Soole then of Little Jumbo Restaurant & Bar in Victoria, British Columbia; Shawn also stewards an amazing online series called the Post Shift Podcast that is worth checking out. The Maximo di Negroni met the nose with an orange, dark grape, and pine aroma. Next, Punt e Mes' grape continued on into the sip where it mingled with caramel and orange notes from the amaro, and the swallow rounded things off with gin and bitter herbal flavors driven mostly by the Punt e Mes.

No comments: