Monday, February 22, 2021

zephyr

2 oz Plymouth Gin (Beefeater)
3/4 oz Cocchi Americano
1/4 oz Green Chartreuse
1 dash Orange Bitters (Scrappy's)

Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail coupe, and garnish with lemon oil from a twist.
Two Mondays ago, I spied a Little Branch cocktail in the Hawthorne bar bible called the Zephyr that seemed like a delicious Martini riff. The recipe which reminded me of an Albert Mathieu was created by Benjamin Schwartz in 2010, and I found that the Bartender's Choice app had it as a half ounce each of Cocchi Americano and Green Chartreuse with no bitters; I decided that the Hawthorne's slight variation was more in tune with my palate though. Once prepared, the Zephyr breezed in with a lemon and pine aroma with hints of Chartreuse's herbal elements. Next, a minty pear sip drifted into a gin and herbal swallow.

No comments: