Friday, February 26, 2021

bitter branch

3 oz Rittenhouse Rye (2 oz)
1 oz Cynar
1/2 oz Walnut Liqueur (Russo Nocino)
1 dash Salt Tincture (1 pinch Salt) (*)

Stir with ice, strain into a rocks glass, and garnish with a candied walnut (omit).
(*) Another recipe said 3 drops which is more in line than a dash.
Friday two weeks prior, I found my copy of Northstar Cocktails and found Pip Hanson's Bitter Branch. I was intrigued by its walnut-Cynar combination that I had first experienced at Russell House Tavern with the My Triumphs, My Mistakes and that I utilized in my Shadows & Tall Trees that I created there six month later (I joined the team a month or so after having the former drink). Once mixed, the Bitter Branch approached with a walnut and vegetal aroma. Next, a caramel sip bent towards a rye, minty, and walnut swallow.

No comments: